Projects often involve large investments of money so its important that performance problems can be quickly identified and corrected.
Earned Value Management is a tried and proven technique for integrating and controlling project scope, risk, cost and schedule to improve project communication and performance management. Sometimes referred to as the performance management of projects, it provides a single source of the truth for project progress and forecasts and can be applied to any project management methodology including agile.
This webinar will introduce you to the earned value management technique and explain the simple processes to implement this valuable methodology on your projects.
This webinar was recorded and is available to watch through Engineers Australia’s new online streaming platform, EA On Demand.
We can deliver this webinar exclusively to you and your organisation.
For groups of 10 or more we provide cost-effective, customised and outcome-focused in-house training.
Find out how we can help you and your team by completing an enquiry form or calling us on +61 3 9321 1700.
- Understand how earned value management improves project cost and schedule performance
- Understand the benefits to project communication and reporting
- The relationship between project risk management and earned value management
- Key processes to set a project baseline and prevent scope creep
- Understand how earned value management is applied to ‘Agile’ projects
- How to developing earned value management skills can contribute to a pathway to Chartered status
Is this course for you?
Ideal for those who have a working knowledge of project management practice that would like to implement earned value management into their practice. Roles include:
- Project Manager or Engineer
- Contract Manager or Engineer
- Procurement Manager or Engineer
- Projects Controls Professional (Cost, Schedule, Risk)
There are no prerequisites for this webinar.
Topics we'll cover
- The benefits of Earned Value Management for projects
- What is Earned Value Management
- The key processes you need for Earned Value Management
- Tips and Pitfalls to improve implementation of Earned Value Management
Delivered via Webinar
Designed in collaboration with our industry facilitators and education experts, EEA Webinars focus on modules from our most popular face-to-face training courses. Content has been carefully crafted to deliver targeted and achievable learning outcomes within the hour and the sessions are interactive to keep you engaged.
Webinar platform - Zoom
These sessions run through Zoom. Once you register for a webinar, you will receive the unique Zoom link 24 hours before the webinar is scheduled to begin.
We suggest that you download the Zoom Desktop Client to ensure you can fully participate in the webinar. If you view the webinar through the Zoom web browser or via a phone or tablet device you may not be able to participate in the interactive elements such as answering polling questions.
Please read through the following information on Zoom to ensure you are prepared for the webinar:
Laurie Bowman has more than 25 years of experience in engineering and management roles, working on complex multidiscipline engineering and construction projects. He has taught training and certification preparation courses on project risk management, and planning and control on behalf of AACE International, APMG International and PMI.
Complementing his practical experience, Laurie is a graduate of the AICD Company Directors course. He also has a masters degree in business administration and commercial law, a bachelor's degree in engineering, and is currently working towards a PhD with University of Queensland (UQ).
He is a member of the Standards Australia technical committee for several Program and Project Management standards.