This introductory webinar combines some foundational truths about personal time and energy management, as well as communication essentials, which are especially relevant for individuals and teams working remotely.
Managing time and productivity is one of the most common challenges experienced today. Whether you work in remote locations on projects or are currently working away from your usual office environment, it is important to stay focused, organised and productive.
This webinar will provide practical tips on how to keep on track and manage time especially in an environment of reduced face to face interaction. You will learn essential practical hints and tips to help keep your energy up and your tasks on track, whether in the office or at home.
This webinar was recorded and is available to watch through Engineers Australia’s new online streaming platform, EA On Demand.
We can deliver this webinar exclusively to you and your organisation.
For groups of 10 or more we provide cost-effective, customised and outcome-focused in-house training.
Find out how we can help you and your team by completing an enquiry form or calling us on +61 3 9321 1700.
- The neuroscience behind how our brains work effectively – minimising interruptions, getting into flow, maximising personal energy, chunking work tasks
- Causes of procrastination and strategies to overcome them
- Essential communication hints
- A prioritisation technique based on importance and urgency
- A simple act of mindfulness to help take stock of current workload - how to breathe under mounting time pressure
Is this course for you?
This webinar is open to everyone in the engineering profession, but is particularly relevant for graduates and early career professionals.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Topics we'll cover
- Practical tips on how to keep on track, especially with reduced face to face interaction
- The problem with your “to do” list
- How to say NO to the task, YES to the person
Hints and tips for communication
- Emails and video conference etiquette and expectations
- 6 Tips for Email Workflow
- Video conference Etiquette
Personal energy management
- Keeping positive and productive using neuroscience
- Key tips from neuroscience research to manage energy
- What gives you energy?
- Cure your procrastination in 6 easy steps
Delivered via Webinar
Designed in collaboration with our industry facilitators and education experts, EEA Webinars focus on modules from our most popular face-to-face training courses. Content has been carefully crafted to deliver targeted and achievable learning outcomes within the hour and the sessions are interactive to keep you engaged.
Webinar platform - Zoom
These sessions run through Zoom. Once you register for a webinar, you will receive the unique Zoom link 24 hours before the webinar is scheduled to begin.
We suggest that you download the Zoom Desktop Client to ensure you can fully participate in the webinar. If you view the webinar through the Zoom web browser or via a phone or tablet device you may not be able to participate in the interactive elements such as answering polling questions.
Please read through the following information on Zoom to ensure you are prepared for the webinar:
Alison Jardie is a professional facilitator and coach, psychologist, and leadership expert.
She has more than 20 years’ experience working with groups and individuals in a learning and development context. This includes work across government and the private sector.
Alison has been responsible for leading large teams and organisational interventions. She has also designed and implemented successful, innovative and award-winning developmental programs.
Alison has a passion for people development. She focuses on implementing practical solutions and experiential learning activities that deliver measurable results.