Continuing professional development is critical for success as a modern engineer. Whether you're looking to maintain competence for a current role or develop new skills and knowledge to advance your career, the right professional development will help you get there.
And the upcoming end of year break is a good time to catch up on your professional development and think about your goals for the year to come.
Here are our top on-demand online training resources for engineers:
ASCE online learning
We have partnered with American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) to secure a 15% discount on their range of online professional development. This includes on-demand and live webinars, and self-paced courses. ASCE is recognised as a global leader in civil engineering content and is an authoritative source of codes and standards that protect the public.
Solar Power short courses
Another one of our education partners delivered online on-demand professional development is Global Sustainable Energy Solutions (GSES). GSES is an Australian based renewable energy engineering, consultancy and training organisation, undertaking projects in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands.
- Solar Power System Fundamentals
- Grid Connected PV Systems - Design
- Battery Storage Systems for Grid Connected PV Systems - Design
We also have a series of webinar recordings to view via Engineers Australia’s video streaming platform – EA On Demand. Content for these webinars is carefully selected and crafted by the industry facilitators to deliver targeted and achievable learning outcomes within an hour.
- AS/NZS 3000 – What electrical designers must know Part 1
- AS/NZS 3000 – What electrical designers must know Part 2
- Batteries for Small Scale Solar Systems
- Communicating with Impact
- Construction Contracts: Security of Payment
- Criminal Manslaughter - Reverse Engineering Judicial Negligence Decisions
- Dealing with Conflict: a Toolkit to Identify and Resolve Workplace Conflict
- Dynamic Stakeholder Engagement
- Getting Things Done: Time Management and Self-Organisation
- Implementing Safety in Design: Determining what is Reasonably Practicable
- Implementing Safety in Design in the Engineering Lifecycle
- Introduction to Contracts
- Introduction to Project Earned Value Management
- Introduction to Project Planning and Control: Optimising Investments in Projects
- Introduction to Temporary Works
- National Construction Code 2019 Section J: Aged Care Facility Design – a Case Study
- National Construction Code 2019 Section J: School Design – a Case Study
- Safety Leadership is Everyone’s Business – Becoming a Better Safety Leadership
- Solar Power in 60 Minutes
- The Case for Safety Leadership
- The Engineering and Design Lifecycle