This interactive virtual workshop will provide a thorough overview of AS2067, a mandatory standard for HV design.
You will gain a deep understanding of the critical technical concepts, clauses and design requirements indicated by the standard.
Following a detailed explanation of the sections of the standard, we will then expand on the major concepts including topics such as clearances, earthing, fire risk mitigation, equipment requirements.
- Understand what AS2067 contains
- Understand the fundamental technical concepts in the standards contract
- Understand how to apply clearances
- Understand earthing requirements
- Understand fire risk management
Is this course for you?
This workshop is relevant to professionals working in Electrical Utilities, Transmission and distribution, large power users, Generators and renewable energy providers.
Relevant roles include but are not limited to:
- HV designers
- Design managers
- Project Managers
- Commissioning engineers
This course is most relevant to graduate to mid-level engineers.
Topics we'll cover
- Insulation – coordination, selection, clearances
- Equipment standards and requirements
- Installation design – indoor, outdoor, building requirements
- Safety measures – direct and indirect contact, arc faults, lightning, fire and explosion
- Auxiliary systems – control and protection
- Inspection and testing
There are no prerequisites for this course.
The session was informative in terms of pointing to AS2067 requirements in a high level scale. The construction and installations points sections were most useful.
The facilitator provided clear examples to be considered when designing a high voltage substation.