Cladding remediation is a professional service that involves identifying the issues that cause façade defects and determining the corrective actions to provide long-term solutions for the integrity, safety and stability of a building façade.
When done correctly, remediation of a façade will help to extend the service life of both a building and building façade.
This course develops a general understanding of façades and cladding, common defects, and the recommended course of action to address such defects.
You’ll learn how to predict façade defects in designs, use best practice façade remediation analysis methods, and determine potential causes of a defect.
This course is delivered in partnership with Office of the NSW Building Commissioner.
Enrolments for this course are managed by Construct NSW.
Click on the button above to start your enrolment or enquire about the course.
This course is not eligible for the Engineers Australia member discount.
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of a façade remediation expert
- Predict how a façade defect could occur within a presented façade design scenario
- Classify the common issues and scenarios that require façade remediation
- Explain best practise of façade remediation analysis methods
- Examine the potential causes of defects within a building façade through appropriate analysis and use of industry-relevant methodologies
Is this course for you?
Engineers and professionals involved in the design, procurement and construction of façades. Participants must have two – five years’ experience in engineering or a related role. Roles include:
- façade engineer
- structural engineer
- ESD engineer
- fire engineer
- acoustic engineer
- services engineer
- facility managers
- asset manager
- construction professional
Participants must have two – five years’ experience in engineering or a related role.
- Types of façade
- How facades fail
- Prioritising defects
- Guidelines and regulations associated with façade remediation
- Why façade remediation is important
- Methodology for cladding remediation
- Project procurement and professional responsibilities
Colin Lim has over 30 years' experience as a building consultant and engineer, specialising in building facades and remedial works across various project typologies. He was Technical Director of Facades at AECOM, Sydney, before commencing his own consultancy Lim Façade Consultants.
Colin is recognized as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Technology, Sydney, where he Lecturers in post-graduate Façade Engineering studies. Beyond this Colin is involved in various industry organizations and acts as an expert witness in tribunals or legal cases involving building facade defects and waterproofing.