As a project manager, you're responsible for delivering a successful project. To be a successful project manager, your results are measured on more than time, cost and budget requirements. You must also be an effective communicator and know how to assess risks at all stages of a project's lifecycle.
Enhance your experience as a project manager through this self-paced course. Learn strategies to address common challenges that can affect the success of a project, such as:
- monitoring and controlling a project
- identifying the most effective tools and techniques
- procurement and supply chain planning
- communicating with stakeholders
- assessing and managing risk
Using a mix of case studies and practical tasks, you'll learn how to define success measures at the start of a project, and use tracking tools and techniques to identify issues early. You'll also learn how to reduce the likelihood of delays by selecting tools and methods that best suit your project and guide it to successful completion.
By the end of this course, you'll be better equipped to manage all aspects of your project's performance. Your enhanced project management mindset will support greater quality across the lifecycle of your projects.
Once you register, you will be provided with access to the EEA Online platform to start this course.
We can arrange bulk registration packages for corporate clients.
This includes the option to set up an access code for your organisation, allowing your team to register for courses on demand, avoiding the need to request individual Purchase Orders.
We can also customise this course to align to your business objectives or L&D needs.
Find out how we can help you and your team by completing an enquiry form or calling us on +61 3 9321 1700.
- Define project success and identify means of measuring progress and outcomes
- Define contemporary Project Management tools and frameworks to enhance and improve outcomes
- Improve relationships with project team members, key stakeholders, contractors, and suppliers
- Identify appropriate tools and techniques to effectively monitor and control the project against the triple constraint
- Develop effective procurement plans and management processes
- Determine relevant risk management tools and techniques for projects to improve project success
- Determine and implement effective change management processes throughout the project lifecycle
Is this course for you?
This course suits project managers and project engineers with two to five years' experience.
Participants should have an existing knowledge of project management principles and practices.
Topics we'll cover
- Project management mindset
- Measuring, tracking and reporting during projects
- Quality measurement and management
- Procurement planning and supply chain processes
- Successful partnerships and negotiations
- Team formation and operational dynamics
- Effectively addressing project risks and issues
Dr Ross Yates PhD is an experienced, certified program and project management practitioner. He is a postgraduate university lecturer, an active researcher, and workplace trainer and assessor in project management practice.
Ross specialises in PRINCE2, PMBOK and Agile methods. His specialisation extends to business systems and processes, quality practice, and change management. He has extensive experience delivering projects in the mining, higher education, health care and not-for-profit sectors.
Ross works closely with engineers across a range of fields as an educator and assessor of competence.
This course is delivered through EEA Online, our new digital learning platform.
You'll learn using a mix of practical case studies, quizzes and reading, audio and video materials. You'll also apply your knowledge in practice with a variety of assessment tasks.
It will take approximately 8 hours to complete.
As it is self-paced, you can start anytime and save your progress as you finish each module.
Once you register for the course, you have 90 days to complete it.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a digital badge as evidence of your achievement. Learn more about Engineering Education Australia’s digital badges including how to claim and share on our Frequently asked questions page.
EEA Online access
EEA Online is powered by leading Learning Management System (LMS), Canvas by Instructure.
Once you register for a course, you will be provided with access to the EEA Online Canvas platform to start this course.
If you are registering for your first EEA Online course, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org inviting you to set up your EEA Online account.
For best performance, please use the most recent major release of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari. Read more about the current supported browsers on Canvas:
EEA Online is mobile friendly, however desktop is preferred. Please read through the following information on mobile access via Canvas: