Designed for project managers across all engineering disciplines, this course focuses on four key elements that often challenge project managers:
- quality planning, assurance and control
- risk management.
By the end of the course, you will be able to better manage risk, acquire goods and services, and manage quality outcomes.
- Defining quality and achieving quality project outcomes
- Develop procurement plans and processes
- Source and manage contractors and suppliers
- Plan and manage communication with stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage the procurement process from start to finish
- Identify, analyse, evaluate and treat project risks
Is this course for you?
This course is for project managers who want to enhance their capabilities around managing risk, procurement, quality and communicating with stakeholders.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Topics we'll cover
- Structuring a project
- Measures and control during execution phase
- Time and cost integration
- Procurement planning and processes
- Managing contractors and suppliers
- Quality measurement and management
- Planning stakeholder communication
- Communication in practice
- Identifying, assessing and managing project risks
Take this course to build skills and knowledge in the following Engineers Australia Chartered status competencies*:
5. Engage with the relevant community and stakeholders
6. Identify, assess and manage risks
10. Taking Action
*Completing this course does not automatically guarantee you a competency. However, you will gain the base knowledge you need to develop these specific Chartered competencies.
The Moreland Group (RTO number 6332) provides accredited technical and professional training to help advance the practice of engineering and related roles for the benefit of the community.
Facilitated and assessed by leading industry experts, the team is located nation-wide to support participants through their studies. Visit The Moreland Group website to find out more.
The pre-work gets the subject matter in your head meaning less time needs to be spent on the nitty gritty [and allows more time to focus] on the practical application in a case study.
The example case study [we worked through] during the session allowed application of topics and learnings. Take away learning resources will be very useful.
Most valuable aspect for me was linking the theory to the practical perspective.