To be an effective member of your engineering team, you have to come across professionally in your online meetings, a bit like a TV presenter, and be able to explain and sell your ideas and your team’s proposals.
This course is designed to help engineers become more persuasive in online business meetings and build confidence in pitching ideas or proposals.
Journalist and former television producer, Tony Malkovic will provide practical, insider studio tips on how to look, sound and present professionally on-camera and persuasively get your points across.
During this course, you’ll learn how to attract and hold your audience’s attention, pitch your ideas, and lead meetings. You'll improve your skills in two areas:
- Presentation and pitching skills – better organise your materials so people can easily follow what you’re saying and have confidence in working with you
- Online-meeting skills – learn practical, key on-camera tips to help you present like a pro and speak with confidence and authority
You’ll also have the opportunity to apply your learnings, make a brief online presentation, and receive feedback from Tony and your fellow attendees. So you can use this workshop to prepare for an upcoming presentation or proposal meeting.
- Better pitch ideas to engineering clients and colleagues and achieve their organisation’s desired business outcomes
- Come across in online meetings in a more polished and professional way to engineering clients, colleagues and stakeholders
- Effectively contribute to and lead meetings as required
Is this course for you?
This workshop is ideal for graduate engineers, early career engineers and engineering support staff who want to develop more confidence and be more professional and effective in online meetings.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Topics we'll cover
How to look, sound and come across more professionally on camera
- Developing confidence on camera and speaking in front of others
- Organising your presentation materials
- Practical tips on lighting, sound and on-camera set-ups
How to better pitch ideas to engineering clients and colleagues and be more professional/persuasive
- Knowing what your audience wants
- Organising your thoughts to make your points succinctly
- How to be more persuasive and get your audience on side
- A foolproof structure for delivering online presentations
How to lead and chair effective video meetings
- Developing a better understanding of people’s points of view and what they want
- Giving constructive feedback in a group online setting
- Guiding discussions and being more inclusive
Tony Malkovic is an award-winning former television news and current affairs reporter/producer.
He is also an experienced presenter/facilitator who, for more than a decade, has worked with engineers at all levels in Australia and New Zealand to help them tell their stories and improve their communication skills in their day-to-day interactions with clients, colleagues and stakeholders.
He can give you practical, insider tips on how to look, sound and present more professionally and persuasively on camera and get your messages across effectively. He runs his own communications and media consultancy, Hyde Park Media.
"The little things matter", Tony provided many tips and tricks from his years of experience that we've taken on-board over the 2 presentation sessions to improve our overall presentation skills.
Great course, some excellent fundamentals were taught and quite a few key tips, tricks and knowledge for general presentation and presenting a story to win over a target audience.
Tony’s cues on how to structure a presentation, frame oneself, and ideas on audio-visuals cues were great! Having implemented it, I am a lot more comfortable delivering presentations and the flow is smoother too!