Risk management helps engineers deliver projects safely - on time and on budget.
In this self-paced course, you'll go beyond introductory concepts to explore better practice in risk management. You'll master the techniques required to manage risk for projects, operational processes, and in your workplace.
You'll learn how to:
- critique risk tools to decide on the best one for your situation
- reduce risk by applying practical risk mitigation strategies
- improve risk processes and frameworks in the workplace
- communicate more effectively with stakeholders about risk
We'll refer to these standards in the course, which you'll ideally have access to in your workplace:
- ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management—Guidelines
- IEC 31010 Risk Management—Risk assessment techniques
After completing this course, you'll be able to apply the best risk management tools and techniques to influence risk outcomes.
EA members get 15% off on selected workshops and training. Not a member? Sign up now
This course is not open for registrations just yet.
To be the first to know when it opens, please submit an enquiry.
We can arrange a bulk corporate registration for 10 or more learners.
This course can also be customised to align to your business objectives or L&D needs.
Find out how we can help you and your team by completing an enquiry form or calling us on +61 3 9321 1700.
- Identify the risk processes and frameworks used in engineering
- Identify the sources of risk, threats and opportunities that could influence outcomes
- Use risk management tools to establish the risk context, identify risks, analyse risks and select and implement treatments
- Establish systems and processes to manage changes during the lifecycle of a product, project or process operation
- Determine the likelihood, consequences and treatment plans for dealing with common risks in engineering
- Involve stakeholders throughout the risk process, including negotiation and communication
Is this course for you?
This course suits engineers with two to five years’ experience or those preparing to re-enter the engineering workforce.
It also suits:
- portfolio, program or project managers
- governance, risk or audit and compliance support staff
- coordinators and managers
- research and development professionals
You need an understanding of risk or opportunity (SWOT) analysis.
Topics we'll cover
- Understanding risk
- Risk management standards
- Legal requirements and governance
- Risk framework
- Risk process
- Risk tools and techniques
- Risk mitigation
- Communicating with stakeholders
This course is delivered through EEA Online, our new digital learning platform.
You'll learn using a mix of practical case studies, quizzes and reading, audio and video materials. You'll also apply your knowledge in practice with a variety of assessment tasks.
It will take approximately 8 hours to complete.
As it is self-paced, you can start anytime and save your progress as you finish each module.
Once you start the course, you have 90 days to complete it.
EEA Online access
EEA Online is powered by leading Learning Management System (LMS), Canvas by Instructure.
Once you register for a course, you will be provided with access to the EEA Online Canvas platform to start this course.
If you are registering for your first EEA Online course, you will receive an email from email@example.com inviting you to set up your EEA Online account.
For best performance, please use the most recent major release of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari. Read more about the current supported browsers on Canvas:
EEA Online is mobile friendly, however desktop is preferred. Please read through the following information on mobile access via Canvas: