As a project engineer working in construction, you are expected to play a vital role in the tender and bidding processes for construction projects.
In this online course, you will gain the knowledge, skills, and competencies you need to make an effective contribution, including:
- Familiarity with the key elements of a tender document
- Understanding the tasks your colleagues will perform within formal tendering processes.
The valuable skills you will gain will help to advance your career in the construction sector and help you understand what you need to do to prepare for your micro-credential submission.
- Identify ways to extend business opportunities and your network of potential clients
- Explain the typical tending processes
- Describe the key elements of a tender document
- Create and complete a go/no go assessment
- Describe the key roles, skills and competencies required for a bid/tender team
- Facilitate the analysis of the key risks of a project
- Identify the key reasons for project failure that must be addressed when tendering
- Define the scope of work, methodology and any design considerations in the tender
- Identify key elements of a work breakdown structure and how it supports and enhances the accuracy of the tender
- Explain the key elements of contracting and pricing processes in the tender including quoting, direct costs, fee calculation methods, contingencies and a client’s terms and conditions.
- Introduction to tendering
- Identifying business opportunities and tender selection
- Bid team members - their key skills, competencies and tasks
- Why projects fail
- Technical and non-price component of tenders
- Design related activities
- Financial proposal (price component) related activities
- Tender submission, contract negotiation, award and transition to the delivery team.
The learning component is delivered through EngLearn, our digital learning platform.
You'll learn using a mix of practical case studies, quizzes and reading, audio and video materials. You'll also apply your knowledge in practice with a variety of assessment tasks.
It will take approximately eight hours to complete. As it is self-paced, you can start anytime and save your progress as you finish each module.
Once you register for the micro-credential, you have 90 days to complete it.
Once you register for the micro-credential, you will be provided with access to the EngLearn platform to start this course.
EngLearn is powered by Canvas by Instructure, a leading Learning Management System (LMS).
If you are using EngLearn for the first time, you will receive an email from [email protected] inviting you to set up your EngLearn account.
For best performance, please use the most recent major release of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari. Read more about the current supported browsers on Canvas:
EngLearn is mobile friendly, however desktop is preferred. Please read through the following information on mobile access via Canvas:
This short course was designed by industry expert:
Moein Varaei is the Principal Consultant at Global Empowering Solutions. He has over 30 years of experience in consultancy and project management across road, wet and dry utilities, airport infrastructure, bridges, tunnels, and metro. Having coordinated international teams all working towards the same project, Moein loves to help teams understand motivation, relationship management skills and effective planning.
Moein is a Chartered engineer and a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland. In his current role, he provides training, coaching, advisory and policy writing services to other engineering consultants and struggling project teams.