Engineers Australia’s Graduate Program is designed for organisations that are ready to invest in their graduate workforce and shape them into efficient and effective engineering professionals.
Our program will give your graduates the many skills they need to thrive as engineers while showing them how to continue developing these skills independently into the future. It will give them a greater understanding of the impact of their work and decisions on others.
Designed in consultation with engineering organisations, this engaging and flexible 18-month program helps new engineers develop the skills to achieve business results. Content within the program aligns to the underpinning knowledge engineers need to start their journey towards Chartered status.
Our program is an excellent way to attract and retain your graduate workforce.
Is this program for you?
Your graduate(s) must have an engineering degree in any discipline and been working in an engineering-related role for two years or less.
For organisations looking to upskill engineers in the next career stage, visit the Emerging Engineers Leadership Program page.
For organisations looking to understand their engineering workforce capability, visit the Engineering Skills Framework page.
The program has three delivery options:
- Public program - if you have a few graduate engineers and want them to network with peers from other organisations.
- Private corporate program - if you have many graduate engineers and need an exclusive program that incorporates your organisation's policies and procedures.
- Integrated program - if you have an existing organisation program, this is a flexible option that allows you to integrate Graduate Program components and other Engineering Education Australia courses into your own graduate program.
- Industry sector programs - if you have graduate engineers working in the rail or power / renewable energy industries and need to develop sector specific skills. Visit the Rail and Power program pages for more information.
The program is flexible and you can customise the content and delivery modes to meet your business needs and complement your other learning programs.
$4,750 ex GST per participant
$4,490 ex GST for 3 or more participants
We can customise this program for groups of 10 or more.
You choose the time, place, duration and format.
Call us on +61 3 9321 1700 or complete the enquiry form to talk about your organisation's needs.
What you’ll learn
Personal Empowerment Module
This module lays the foundations for professional and personal growth. Participants are equipped with the skills to take personal responsibility for the planning and development of their own careers. They go on to develop self-awareness in order to regulate their emotions and improve interpersonal skills.
- Emotional intelligence
Project Management Module
This module focuses on the skills and processes required to plan and execute successful projects that deliver desired business outcomes. Practical skills to leverage stakeholder relationships and manage projects are developed through a range of learning activities.
- The project management lifecycle
- Stakeholder engagement
- Risk management
Professional Skills Module
This module builds leadership and professional capabilities to drive innovation and respond to a rapidly changing environment. It will challenge their ability to think critically and work collaboratively. A focus is placed on sustaining success throughout their careers and pursuing goals such as Chartered status.
- Critical thinking
Features and benefits
A program that transforms engineering graduates into confident professionals who can contribute to business objectives.