This online course helps you learn how to effectively engage with stakeholders from an engineering context. It also helps you understand how to develop these skills to obtain the Stakeholder Engagement micro-credential.
You’ll learn how to engage and build positive relationships with each and every one of your stakeholders by:
- identifying your stakeholders, their interests and potential sources of conflict
- using a range of engagement techniques
- negotiating and influencing to obtain support and resolve conflicting priorities
- effectively communicating your engineering expertise and advice
Upon completion, you’ll be able to apply appropriate techniques to engage your stakeholders and contribute to project success. And you’ll understand the skills you need to further develop to prepare for your Stakeholder Engagement micro-credential submission.
- Identify and map stakeholders.
- Build positive relationships and mechanisms for cooperation and influence, both within the organisation and with external stakeholders.
- Describe the range of stakeholder interests and impacts, considering safety, environment, public health and public concerns.
- Engage and negotiate with a diverse range of stakeholders to arrive at an agreed position relating to an engineering solution, problem, instruction or recommendation.
- Use your engineering expertise and influencing strategies to obtain high-level support for an initiative from a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Stakeholders and shareholders
- Stakeholder theory
- Engagement techniques
- Stakeholder mapping
- Stakeholder negotiation
- Stakeholder support
This learning component is delivered through an online short course, consisting of:
- self-paced applied study
- live classroom-style workshop
- The self-paced learning will take approximately four hours to complete.
- The workshop will take four hours.
Once you register for the micro-credential, you have 90 days to complete the learning component.
You’ll access this course through EngLearn, our digital learning platform. For best performance, please use the most recent major release of Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari. Read more about the current supported browsers on Canvas:
EngLearn is mobile-friendly, however desktop is preferred. Please read through the following information on mobile access via Canvas:
Stacey Daniel FIEAust CPEng NER
Stacey Daniel FIEAust CPEng NER is a sought-after speaker, consultant and coach.
For more than 25 years, Stacey has worked across the corporate and community sectors with multinational companies, government departments, private business and community groups.
She's an influential non-executive director, the founder of Board Presence and author of Fly to the Boardroom: Your Essential Guide to Getting on a Board.
Her experience is bolstered with a Bachelor of Engineering (Hons), Diploma of Business and Company Directors Course Diploma.
An accomplished presenter on the topic of boards, Stacey's appeared at national and international conferences and was recognised in 2020 as one of Australia’s Innovative Engineers.
As a teacher, Stacey is generous with her knowledge about working on and with boards and committees, passing on invaluable, practical information to help others succeed.