High-performance leadership is critical to ensuring a profitable business and to retaining and developing staff. Get the skills you need to drive team performance.
In this course, you'll learn the key characteristics of high-performing teams and the role of culture and communication in team behaviour. You'll also learn how to create environments that focus on the success of the team, rather than the individual.
After completing this course, you'll know how to build trust, positivity and commitment in teams. You'll also be able to:
- assess your team's performance
- identify areas for improvement
- develop a team performance plan.
- The development stages of teams
- Tools for analysing your team's development stage and developing a leadership response
- The five key differences between performing and high-performing teams
- The leader's role in creating a high-performing culture and environment
- Leadership skills for creating high-performing teams
- The steps to developing a high-performing team
- Creating a performance plan for your team
- Bringing teams together to work towards high performance
- Identifying and addressing behaviours that contribute to or might detract from high team performance
Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at new and mid-level leaders in both engineering and non-technical roles. It's suitable for:
- leaders responsible for their team's performance or seeking to achieve commercial success through teams
- managers who want to improve their leadership skills
- HR leaders responsible for developing team capability and improving performance.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Topics we'll cover
- Leading a team during the various stages of development
- Identifying strategies to shift a team from performing to high-performing
- Building the skillset to lift team performance
- Recognising and calling behaviour that detracts from the team
- Developing an action plan for your team
Take this course to build skills and knowledge in the following Engineers Australia Chartered status competencies*:
*Completing this course does not automatically guarantee you a competency. However, you will gain the base knowledge you need to develop these specific Chartered competencies.
Alison Jardie is a professional facilitator and coach, psychologist, and leadership expert.
She has more than 20 years’ experience working with groups and individuals in a learning and development context. This includes work across government and the private sector.
Alison has been responsible for leading large teams and organisational interventions. She has also designed and implemented successful, innovative and award-winning developmental programs.
Alison has a passion for people development. She focuses on implementing practical solutions and experiential learning activities that deliver measurable results.