Learn how to communicate with your colleagues, managers, clients and stakeholders in a way that resonates with them, gets your ideas recognised and increases your confidence.
Employees in all industries, including engineering, need strong business communication skills. This interactive course will equip you with the expertise and knowledge to:
- be an active listener and build rapport
- communicate with influence
- adapt your communication style to suit your audience
- address your audience's goals.
Using a mix of practical activities, experiences and theory, this course will increase your confidence and position you well to influence, even if you don't hold a position of formal authority.
By the end of the course, you will develop an awareness of how your words can impact the listener. You will understand what and how to communicate to not only be better understood, but also to have a memorable impact.
10 February - 10 February
9 May - 9 May
This workshop will run during the following times:
9:00am - 12:00pm AEDT, 10 February 2022
9:00am - 12:00pm AEST, 9 May 2022
Registration closes three business days before the workshop date.
- Increase your confidence in communicating
- Engage more effectively with stakeholders
- Communicate with influence, even if you don't have formal authority
- Be better understood
- Build rapport with your audience and present your communications in a way that resonates
- Understand when and how to use of different communication styles
Is this course for you?
This course is aimed at early-career engineers. It's particularly useful for:
- associate engineers
- graduate engineers
- project officers
- technical officers
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Prior to attending this workshop, participants are required to complete a self-paced learning component. This will consist of 1 – 2 hours of online activities to introduce participants to the theories and concepts covered during the workshop and must be completed three business days before the workshop.
To ensure participants attending a session are prepared for the workshop, they cannot be substituted three working days beforehand.
Topics we'll cover
- Understanding the different communication styles and how to interact outside your preferred communication style
- How to communicate with the listener's perspective in mind
- Persuasion and influencing skills
- Stakeholder communications and how to communicate outside the workplace
- Focus on listening skills to improve communication
- Identifying and using the WIFM (what's in it for me) factor to communicate with greater impact
Take this course to build skills and knowledge in the following Engineers Australia Chartered status competencies*:
3. Responsibility for engineering activities
*Completing this course does not automatically guarantee you a competency. However, you will gain the base knowledge you need to develop these specific Chartered competencies.
Grace O’Malley has worked as a leadership, management and learning consultant for 10 years. She specialises in leadership management and facilitation.
She has worked with small NGOs, government, corporate and private businesses. She has experience in the health, engineering, vehicle, housing, community services and education sectors.
Grace uses a mix of realistic experiences and case studies to engage course participants.
Her formal qualifications include a Bachelor of Education, Diploma of Training and Assessment Systems, Certificate IV Training and Assessment, and an Advanced Diploma of Management.
Alison Jardie is a professional facilitator and coach, psychologist, and leadership expert.
She has more than 20 years’ experience working with groups and individuals in a learning and development context. This includes work across government and the private sector.
Alison has been responsible for leading large teams and organisational interventions. She has also designed and implemented successful, innovative and award-winning developmental programs.
Alison has a passion for people development. She focuses on implementing practical solutions and experiential learning activities that deliver measurable results.
This was by far the most engaging and beneficial course I have attended. I highly recommend Alison and will be suggesting we engage her for our team's professional development.
Excellent course from the viewpoint that the instructor is a psychologist. She was able to open us up to the drivers of the message receiver.
The whole course was great, it taught a lot of useful skills that I was unaware of.