To take an idea from creation, through development, to commercialisation, you need an objective process. The harmonised innovation management standards, AS ISO 56002, outline and optimise the process of innovation, providing a proven pathway for managers and engineering intrapreneurs to follow.
This course explores the global best practice to apply innovation management systems from AS ISO 56002 in the engineering industry. It provides a comprehensive overview of the critical skills required to manage complex innovation systems, overcome roadblocks, and apply frameworks and models to solve your organisation's biggest challenges. You’ll learn:
- the principles and procedures in AS ISO 56002 Innovation Management System
- innovation methodologies including Design Thinking, Lean Principles, and Agile
- how to recognise key drivers of innovation
- how to leverage organisational systems, structures, and culture to generate impact from innovation activities
- how to deploy an innovation management system and design an innovation program
Upon completion, you’ll be able to apply the AS ISO 56002 standards to deploy an innovation management system, design or enhance innovation programs, and lead innovation initiatives. You'll come away with practical tools and frameworks to implement innovation management in your organisation as well as a workbook from this course for future reference.
Watch this video to learn more:
15 March - 16 March
10 May - 11 May
This workshop will run on the following dates:
15 & 16 March 2023, 9am – 1pm AEDT
10 & 11 May 2023, 9am – 1pm AEST
Registrations close three business days before the course.
- Understand the AS ISO 56002 Innovation Management Standards
- Knowledge of current innovation methodologies such as Design Thinking, Lean Principles and Agile techniques
- Recognise key drivers of innovation, and leverage organisational systems, structures, and culture to generate impact from innovation activities
- Apply the Standard to deploy an innovation management system, design innovation programs, or leading innovation initiatives
Is this course for you?
This short course is relevant for engineers involved in, and leaders responsible for, innovation as well as innovation and R&D managers from all industries and disciplines.
Participants will be required to refer to the ISO 56002 standard during this course. Registration does not include access to these documents, so participants should purchase the ISO 56002 standards from Standards Australia prior to attendance.
Topics we'll cover
- Innovation Management System (IMS)
- Leadership and strategy
- Plan-do-check-act (PDCA) in action
- Resources and support
- Tools and methods
- Teams and roles
- Intellectual Property
- Delivering innovation value
- Applying innovation management in practice
Chris is passionate about innovation as a means of harnessing knowledge, talent and creativity within organisations to navigate uncertainty and achieve growth.
He has extensive experience in enterprise innovation programs across all areas of an innovation system including culture, leadership, operations, resourcing and value generation.
With a background in innovation and business development, Chris understands the power of people, and partnerships, to generate innovation value within an organisation.