LSS is an internationally recognised work methodology.
This training is certified by the International Association of Six Sigma Certification (IASSC). On completing this course you'll be ready to sit the Yellow Belt exam.
LSS applies to all organisations, including engineering firms. It focuses on:
- eliminating process waste
- reducing variation through identifying root causes and defects
- efficiency and productivity improvement.
This three-day course will introduce LSS tools and techniques to help you improve your business and make data-based decisions. These tools are part of the Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control (DMAIC) process. This course focuses on the Define, Measure and Control phases. For more in-depth training, you can complete the Lean Sigma Six Green Belt training.
You'll apply these tools to real-life examples and learn to use statistical data analysis package Sigma XL.
This course doesn't include the exam or certificate. Please contact IASSC regarding exam requirements.
- Understand Lean Six Sigma (LSS) fundamentals
- Select suitable projects
- Process mapping
- Understand LSS statistics and data
- Sustain solutions using lean techniques and change-management principles
Is this course for you?
This course has been designed for engineers and related roles in engineering firms, including:
- human resources.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Topics we'll cover
Day 1 - Define phase
- Understanding LSS
- LSS fundamentals
- Selecting projects suitable for LSS
- Elements of waste and how to remove them
Day 2 - Measure phase
- Process discovery (process mapping)
- LSS statistics and understanding data
- Measurement system analysis and gaining assurance in the quality of your data
- Process capability—how capable your process is and how much improvement it needs
Day 3 - Control phase
- Lean controls—sustaining your solutions using lean techniques
- Defect controls and preventing defects from occurring, or managing their impact
- LSS controls plans and sustaining your solution using change-management principles
Take this course to build skills and knowledge in the following Engineers Australia Chartered status competencies*:
6. Identify, assess and manage risks
14. Problem analysis
*Completing this course does not automatically guarantee you a competency. However, you will gain the base knowledge you need to develop these specific Chartered competencies.
Ross Blaikie is a mechanical engineer with over 12 years' experience in organisational and learning development.
Ross has used his engineering and Six Sigma Black Belt skills to develop and implement a range of organisation development (OD), learning and development (L&D) and change management projects. He has managed the L&D function at AECOM in New South Wales, and more recently AECOM in the Middle East, where he worked on the development and delivery of learning solutions.
A highly skilled facilitator, presenter and trainer, Ross is passionate about helping people learn and gain greater satisfaction in their job.