Learn practical skills so you can better manage teams and stakeholders.
This course focuses on performance, team-building, behaviours and motivating people. You'll learn about key areas of people management, including:
- identifying leaders and defining team roles
- understanding behaviours and personality types
- recruiting, motivating and developing individuals
- team-building and performance management
- engaging project stakeholders
- encouraging effective communication.
Please register at least two weeks before the scheduled course start date.
- Understand leadership styles
- Understand decision-making behaviours and personality types
- Recruit, motivate and develop individuals
- Build and manage effective teams
- Engagement of project stakeholders
- Improve communication with teams and stakeholders
- Positively resolve team and organisational difficulties
Is this course for you?
This course will suit you if you manage people. It's particularly relevant if you want to enhance your skills around stakeholder management, communication and team-building.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Topics we'll cover
- Identifying leadership characteristics in yourself and team
- Recruitment and responsibility assignment
- Using learning styles and motivational techniques to develop and lead an effective team
- Behaviours and personality types - how personality can drive decision-making
- Recruiting, motivating and developing individuals
- Collaborative performance management
- Effectively engaging project stakeholders through understanding of power and interest
- Improving communication with stakeholders and your team
Take this course to build skills and knowledge in the following Engineers Australia Chartered status competencies*:
1. Deal with ethical issues
2. Practise competently
5. Engage with the relevant community and stakeholders
*Completing this course does not automatically guarantee you a competency. However, you will gain the base knowledge you need to develop these specific Chartered competencies.