Resilient teams do things a little differently.
They see opportunity where others see obstacles, they come together when others fall apart, and they build confidence where others lack it. As a result, they can take challenges in their stride.
This course explores the key characteristics of a highly resilient team, and shares practical tools and techniques to help you create a resilient team that can bounce back from setbacks and thrive.
By attending this course, you’ll learn specific tools and behaviours you can apply immediately to work as a manager or leader, and directly impact team resilience.
28 November - 28 November
This course will run on:
28 November 2022, 9:00am – 12:30pm AEDT
Registration closes three business days before the course start date.
- Identify the four key characteristics of a highly resilient team
- Assess the resilience level of your team
- Understand the key leadership behaviours that directly impact resilience
- Learn to apply leadership techniques to specifically foster resilience
- Understand how to use a range of leadership tools; giving feedback, boosting confidence, running team building sessions
Is this course for you?
This course is ideal for anyone in a leadership position from front-line managers to experienced senior leaders. Roles include:
- Team leaders
- Project leaders
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Topics we'll cover
- Characteristics of resilient teams – what are they doing differently?
- Team confidence, trust, purpose and learning as the key elements that underlie resilience
- Leaders of resilient teams – what are they doing differently to foster team resilience?
- Four leadership techniques to lift the resilience of the team – practical tools for leaders to build confidence in their team, bring teams together for a shared purpose, and create psychological safety
- Strengths based feedback, confidence boosters, techniques for psychological safety and creating a learning environment
- Ideas on how to bring your team together to build resilience in difficult times
Alison Jardie is a professional facilitator and coach, psychologist, and leadership expert.
She has more than 20 years’ experience working with groups and individuals in a learning and development context. This includes work across government and the private sector.
Alison has been responsible for leading large teams and organisational interventions. She has also designed and implemented successful, innovative and award-winning developmental programs.
Alison has a passion for people development. She focuses on implementing practical solutions and experiential learning activities that deliver measurable results.
The techniques presented to help improve my teams' resilience was most beneficial.