The results are in! Research shows that the manager is the reason staff are disengaged, uninspired, underproductive - and ultimately leave.
Luckily, you can fix that quickly and easily. When you do, your team will perform better and be happier - and so will you!
The good news is that the most effective way to fix these issues is also free – and easy to apply if you know the secret.
Three key research studies point to the connection with staff – understanding and meeting their needs (or managing their expectations) is critical to your success as a manager.
Connection begins with conversation but most managers don't talk to their staff enough, about the right things or in the right way.
In this session, we will demystify this process and give you a step by step roadmap that has helped numerous engineering organisations increase employee motivation, engagement, utilisation and profitability per head.
If your success depends on your ability to motivate and retain a great team this session is not to be missed.
Find out more about what Kim has to say about employee engagement and what you will learn at this workshop:
Please register at least two weeks before the scheduled course start date.
- An understanding of your role as a manager, how it’s changed over the last 20 years and the most effective ways to motivate the modern workforce
- A proven framework to help you set meaningful outcome-based objectives to hold them accountable for great performance (especially effective with a remote or hybrid workforce)
- A practical model, based on over 5,000 exit interviews, that will help you understand (and deliver on) everything your staff needs to be happy, productive and perform at their best. We take the guesswork out of employee motivation
Is this course for you?
This course is relevant to anyone who manages staff. Participating in this session will equip leaders in engineering with simple, practical ways to increase employee engagement, wellbeing and profitability in their team.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Topics we'll cover
- The importance of your role as a manager and what is required for a modern workforce
- How to use Target Rich Objectives™ for accountability and high performance
- How to plan and conduct 1:1s using 5 FOCUSed Conversations® to engage and retain top performers
- Several practical tools and exercises to help you explore your employees’ motivations, strengths, career aspirations and wellbeing
Future of Work expert Kim Seeling Smith has worked extensively with the engineering industry for over 12 years.
She helps organisations build and retain a future-fit workforce to reach their commercial goals, create thriving cultures, and successfully navigate the post-pandemic world.
Kim has literally had a seat at the table with Sir Richard Branson for the innovative work she does around the Future of Work, has been named a Top 101 Global Influencer on Employee Engagement, and has written THE how-to guide on 1:1 employee check-ins, Mind Reading for Managers.